Common Questions

If you have questions, please contact us!


What is the best way to initially proceed if I have a whistleblower claim?


You should first procure qualified whistleblower legal counsel in order to ascertain your legal rights, as well as the best way to proceed in order to protect your interests, and to seek appropriate economic recovery.


Do I need to hire an attorney within the state I work and where the unlawful activity occurred?


No, because the primary remedy is often under the federal False Claims Act, it is not always necessary to hire a local attorney. If at any time it appears that local counsel may be preferable or needed as a member of the team, that can be addressed.


If I report fraud pursuant to this website, will my complaint be kept confidential?


Absolutely. Any information submitted will be kept strictly confidential, and only disclosed further with your specific knowledge and permission. Please fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page, and we will be in contact with you immediately.


What happens if I get fired?


Federal and state law provides very specific and vigorous protection for retaliation against whistleblowers.


If I blow the whistle, what’s in it for me?


Most whistleblower statutes provide that the person who “blows the whistle” may receive a substantial award. You can also take pride in the fact that you did the right thing, and “stood up to fraud!”

Related Article

Whistleblower Suit Filed Against South Hadley Electric Light Dept.
Posted in: Featured, Whistleblower Rights | October 28, 2015

Workplace abuse spanning more than a decade and failures to address it are among claims at the heart of a whistleblower lawsuit filed by a municipal light department employee against the agency’s long-serving manager Wayne Doerpholz, engineer Andy Orr, the department itself and the board of commissioners.   The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court on Read More »